Hello Berlin friends and ministry partners,
it is that time again… May 1 is almost upon us! That means MYFEST in Berlin! May 1 is a holiday and many of you have participated MYFEST in the past. Hopefully you are already making plans for this year!
Again this year, a worship service will kick off the MYFEST festivities at 11:30. On behalf of Gemeinsam für Berlin, I want to invite you to take part in this service. If you are unable to attend, please pray! Prayer points are at the bottom of this email.
Please encourage your church community, ministry team, home group, and friends to attend this prayer service!
All the details follow below. Please note the new location for the worship service this year. You can determine how to get there by checking out www.bvg.de.
- Open Air Worship Service May 1, 2008 Theme: May 1 – Day of Hope?
- NEW LOCATION:Heinrichplatz/Oranienstraße, Kreuzberg
- U8/U1 Kottbusser Tor
Events surrounding May 1st:
For the past two years, May 1st has been relatively peaceful – this is an answer to prayer! For quite some time, Christians have been praying for the peace of God to be evident on this day. Many have been present in these areas to pray.
In 2008, residents of Kreuzberg will once again sponsor «Myfest». Together For Berlin (Gemeinsam für Berlin) will be participating for the fifth time with an open-air prayer service entitled «May 1st – a day of Hope?» This year, it will take place on the Heinrichplatz in the center of the district.
Important planning and preparation activities are taking place during April. The police are carrying out prevention and informational events in schools in an attempt to dissuade youth from violence.
- Pray for a peaceful April 30/May 1, so that it will indeed become a Day of Hope
- Pray that God will bless all preparations: The prayer service, «Myfest», and the prevention activities of the police
- Pray that God will encounter those potential violent offenders and prevent them from being violent.